Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Windows 7 vs. Fedora 11 - Part 1

I'm leaving this morning for a three day trip to Ottawa for a CIRA board meeting. I depend on my Blackberry and my laptop to run my business while I'm on the road. I'm going to do an experiment this trip. I'm going to run Fedora 11 exclusively on my laptop. I've always had a multi-boot setup on the laptop of Windows Desktop, Windows Server, and Linux. The current setup is Windows 7 Ultimate, Server 2008 R2, and Fedora 11. I've set the default boot to Fedora 11 and hope to keep it that way for the next three days. I've tried this in the past with various distros of Ubuntu and OpenSuse. Neither worked out. For some reason I always had to boot into Windows sometime during the road trip. It was usually something to do with Exchange or my Blackberry. I rely on my Blackberry and Exchange to manage my time, email, and basically my business. I'll try to keep this blog up to date with my experiences and at the end I'll post the results.

1 comment:

Alex said...

please share ur experience. i've had ubuntu for a month but when modern warfare 2 came out i had to switch back to the heavy weight champ coz there are no games for linux/unix and there are about gazzillion of apps and games for windows.